We are a Patient-Centered Medical Home!
Premier is happy to announce that our Fishkill and Poughkeepsie (Atrium) Internal Medicine locations have recently been recognized as Patient-Centered Medical Homes by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). The NCQA is a private, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality.
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
A Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is not a building, house, or hospital, but rather an approach to providing comprehensive health care.
A Medical Home is called a “Home” because we’d like this office to be the first place you think of for all your medical needs. Our goal is to make it easy and comfortable to get the care you need in a way that works best for you.
Providing the best possible care to every patient is our primary goal. The only way we can meet this goal is if we work together. This is the basis behind the Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Benefits of the Patient-Centered Medical Home
- In a patient-centered medical home, we:Are available when you need us. Our physicians are always on-call. Call us 24 hours/ 7 days a week (845) 790-6100. We also offer same day, evening and weekend appointments.
- Help you understand your condition(s) and how to take care of yourself. We explain your options andhelp you make decisions about your care. Our goal is to create individual care plans based on shared decision making.
- Help coordinate your health care – even if we are not the ones giving you the care. We will help you find specialists and make sure they have the information they need to care for you.
- Use technology such as electronic medical records and share your medical records with your other health care providers to help prevent medical errors and make sure that we are always on the same page.
- Se habla Español – Premier provides interpretation and/or translation for patients who need it. Our patient forms are also available in Spanish on our website.
Who is on the Patient-Centered Medical Home Care Team?
Your Primary Care provider leads your care team, which may include specialized doctors, nurses, healtheducators, and other health care professionals. Our team acts as “coaches” who help you get healthy, stay healthy, and get the care and services that are right for you. You, of course, are the center of your care team.
You’re Part of the Team
- Share any updates on medications, dietary supplements, or remedies you’re using, and any questions you may have about them when you come for a visit.
- Tell us when you see another health care provider, so we can add them to your team and help coordinate your care.
- Do your best to keep all scheduled appointments or, if you can’t, call to reschedule or cancel as early as possible.
- Offer feedback you might have to help us improve our care.
- Feel free to ask questions about your care, tell us when you don’t understand something, and ask for information about how to stay as healthy as possible.
- Work with us to develop and follow a plan that’s best for your health.
- Let us know if you do not receive your test results within two weeks.
- Contact us after hours if you feel your issue cannot wait until the next day.