We want to make sure you stay healthy and happy this winter. From getting good amounts of sleep, to eating healthy to exercising, there are many things you can do to stay healthy.
Here are 7 tips for staying healthy this winter.
- Don’t Forget to Drink Water – One of the best things you can do for your health is to drink optimal amounts of water every day. Water plays a big part and it can keep you healthy during the winter.
- Avoid Stress Situations – Studies have linked high stress levels to making a person more susceptible to catching colds and flu. Try to minimize your stress by working reasonable hours at your job and use your free time to rest and relax alone or with friends and family. Develop healthy habits and avoid stress!
- Eat Healthy – Eat food which is rich with vitamin C. It will help you keep your immune system strong and healthy during the winter. Try to include more fruit and veggies such as lemons, kiwifruit, capsicum and broccoli in your everyday meals.
- Sleep Well – The average person needs 6-8 hours of sleep per night. If you’re not getting enough sleep, your body is extremely vulnerable to illness. Sleep is very much like fuel that recharges your batteries!
- Exercise – It’s really important to exercise regularly, even if only for 15 minutes a day! Get out and take a short walk and enjoy the cooler weather. Exercise is one of the best healthy habits recommended by many professionals and will keep you strong and healthy during the winter.
- Wash Your Hands Regularly – Keep the bacteria and viruses off your hands and out of your mouth and eyes. Always keep a bottle of hand sanitizer close-by for those instances where you can’t get to soap and water.
- Get Your Flu Shot – When you receive a flu shot, you a essentially receive an inactive form of the closest match to the flu virus for that year. Your body then forms anti-bodies formed specifically to fight off this type of virus. That way, when the real thing hits you already have a “reserve army” in your immune system that will attack this virus at first contact. This is a safe and effective way to be proactive against fighting off illness. Premier Medical Group’s Internal Medicine Division has the influenza vaccine available at all locations. Call today to schedule your flu shot.